What are the benefits of plasma fibroblast therapy?
Plasma fibroblast therapy is a nonsurgical treatment that may be used to treat the following conditions:
• acne scars
• photo aging, including age spots
• seborrheic keratosis
• wrinkled skin, including the eyelids, neck, jawline, around the lips, full face
What’s the procedure like?
While the procedure may vary slightly based on where you’re having the treatment, the basic steps typically include:
• Cleansing the skin and applying a topical anesthetic (numbing) cream. You may need to wait about 30 minutes for the numbing cream to take effect.
• Treating the designated skin area with the plasma pen. The pen will create small arcs of microcurrents that make small scab-like dots on the skin.
• A professional will remove the numbing cream and apply a cooling gel to minimize the tingling and burning sensation whenever possible.
The procedure usually takes about 30 to 60 minutes to perform, depending on area.
Who’s a good candidate for this procedure?
The best candidates for this procedure are people with mild-to-moderate skin wrinkling concerns.
You shouldn’t receive plasma fibroblast therapy if you:
• are breastfeeding
• are pregnant
• have an allergy to topical anesthetic preparations
• have an infection at the treatment site
• are using isotretinoin for wrinkles or acne
In addition, if you have a history of keloids or hypertrophic scarring, it’s recommended that you approach plasma fibroblast therapy with caution.
It’s important to talk to a healthcare provider prior to the procedure to discuss your treatment goals and any potential concerns you may have given your overall health condition.